Saturday 17 January 2009

Flash prototype

my flash prototype address:

http://www.drhezhen.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/photoframe.swf

Here is my photoframe flash prototype, you will see the functions we provide in it, I will use the swf file on my little UMPC which is like a small laptop, the UMPC is very small and just like a photoframe.

First is about my presentation of the prototype, the presentation are divided into two parts: hardware & software.


The software I’ve used is Adobe Flash CS3, I use that tool to make a flash program, it displays how the digital frame works, when users turn on the switch (we suppose the button in welcome page to be the switch), it will display photos automatically, and the photo will be changed in 10 seconds into another. And after that, when you click the screen, the function buttons will come up, the buttons include messages, IP phone, videos and settings. If there is any messages incoming, it would be shown in the left bottom of the screen, besides different colour means the different types of messages.

When users click on the messages, it will turned into message box, it shows the recently messages users received, users can do some operations here like accept the IPphone, watch the videos which are recently received, and watch the text messages in detail, besides this, the IPphone button will lead users into a Skype page, it will automatically added the person who contacts the users, and users can simply call any person in the contact list by one click. Then the video button will let users watch the videos, the first video users watch is the latest, and users can also watch previous ones by click prev button. In the setting session, users can simply change the light, the voice ect. All the operations are aim to make a easy-use digital photo frame.
The hardware I used is a UMPC, which is a type of laptop, but only got 5.6 inch, I think this would be the best model of our digital photo frame, besides another advantage of this is the touch screen, our digital photo frame is also touch screen available.


Diana watched the presentation and gave me some feedback, I want to implement the prototype more perfectly but Diana said I needn’t to do that, she said we should put our attention on the process of gathering the idea and making the prototype, like some approaches we used. So I think I can follow Diana’s advices and provide them in the blog.

No comments: